Thursday 15 September 2016

And so it begins

So I'm at university now, it's a weird feeling, like I'm somewhere I don't belong. Surely this is not for me, but for somebody else. I can't possibly be meant to be here.

But no, despite all this doubt in my mind, I am meant to be here. Three days from writing this post is my induction, and in the gap? Well... who knows... I might stick around in my flat, or I might go wandering, who knows right? One thing I do know though is that at some point I need to go and buy food. I may be known as the plain pasta guy, but when all you have in your cupboard is pasta, cake, jam and custard you kinda struggle to do anything else. Thankfully, there's a lot of cake, so even with 11 people in my flat I suspect we'll not need to worry about that.

Actually, move in day was very uneventful, if you ignore the obvious thing of I'm now living by myself. I packed up my stuff, stuffed it all in a car, was driven down here, registered, collected my key, took my stuff up to my room, unpacked and then wrestled with RESLAN to connect to the internet, before discovering all the games I play are currently blocked until I join the gaming society, yay...

My flat is currently kinda empty though, as far as I can tell there are only 3 of us here, but I think more are arriving tomorrow, so I guess we'll see, anyway it's currently 2 AM so I'd better go, I'll try and keep you all updated with stuff, but with this internet it might prove difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment