Saturday 17 September 2016

Identity

Today, was a lot more eventful than yesterday. I was woken up at around 10 (yes, that's early... don't judge me) by one of my flat mates Kestra trying to work our intercom. After grabbing a quick breakfast I was offered a lift down to the SU to pick up ID cards, so I went. Upon arriving I was given a ticket and told it would be about an hour, at which point I bumped into Nick, a fellow physicist. Actually, he bumped into me, I wouldn't have recognised him, but to all you doubters out there, my unique hair does have it's uses! So me, Kestra and Nick were all stuck watching a screen for 2 hours waiting for our numbers to show up. In hindsight, we probably should have gone to do something else, but no, we just stood around not doing a whole lot other than talking to each other. it was dull, but it was an excuse to be sociable, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

1:43 pm, and I finally reach the end of the queue. The whole process could definitely have been handled a lot better, but it was certainly an interesting experience. I got my ID card, and decided to walk back up to Uni hall. Mistake...

So it turns out my accommodation is not only an absolute trek from the university. It's also at the top of a flippin' great big hill. THE ENTIRE WALK WAS UPHILL!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully I didn't get lost, so I arrived back at uni hall exhausted, but in one piece, and somehow, in the space of a few hours, my number of flat mates doubled. We're still missing one, but 10 of the 11 are now accounted for. I still don't know all the names of people, but I'm making progress! 

Oh, and Amar blew up a bottle of Prosecco, that was exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment