Sunday 12 March 2017

Day 9 - Neon Rainbow



Call me crazy, but I was listening to this song the other day, "Rameses B - Neon Rainbow"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWXWA3b5Zes) and I had the strangest experience. I was walking along, and suddenly I just felt ridiculously happy. It had been an absolutely wild day, I had had absolutely no sleep, and had spent most of the last 24 hours working solidly to try and finish assignments or lab write up that, yes, I had neglected to do (because future me has to deal with that... >_>), and I'll be honest, I didn't even manage to finish it all by the time the deadline came around, which is entirely my fault, but hey.

So you get the idea, I was incredibly stressed, and frustrated at myself and my lack of any kind of self organisation whatsoever, and thus what I'm about to say came as a bit of a shock.

Basically, I just came to an incredible realisation. Standing there listening to that song, I realised that probably for the first time ever, I was free from depending on specific people, things or circumstances to be truly happy. Despite all the bad things I might have said about Cardiff, it's my home now, and it's a place where I am the master of my own destiny. Even though I'm now in a location that a year ago I wouldn't have even known existed, in a weird way I'm more confident here than I ever was back home, because I see it as my city, and a place where I can truly be me, and that's amazing.

I leave you today with some words from the song:

"There's a place I know that always feels like home
Pixels and soundbites, warm digital sunlight
There's a place where I belong that feels just like a perfect song
There's a place where I can go, just follow the Neon Rainbow"


Thanks guys





P.S:

Sorry I've missed so many days, I've just had so much going on and everything has kinda just fallen apart. I do intend to finish the 40 day series, but it might be over more than 40 days. I don't intend to stick to my initial plan any more either (see day 7), but I do intend to go into more detail about certain things in this post at some point, it just didn't feel appropriate to include them here. By all means ask me questions though, I might answer them but I might just tell you to wait for a later blog post when I've worked out what I'm trying to say ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment